Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shahid Kapoor: My pocket money was Rs. 500


CHANCE PE DANCE is up for release and as is a known fact by now, the film is about the struggle of an aspiring actor (played by Shahid Kapoor) though told in a fun and light hearted manner. While the film's recent promotional campaign involved Shahid and Genelia spending a night in the car and sharing 'vada-pav' and 'cutting chai' with visitors, the fact is that as a child Shahid used to be really fascinated of roadside meals and often spent the 'huge fortune' that he had amassed as pocket money at these stalls.

Laughs Shahid, "You know, working in the film really reminded me so much of my years gone by. I will share with you an interesting part of my life when I used to get a princely sum of Rs. 500 per month from my dad as pocket money. Weekends used to be special as I got a little extra. So here I am coming back from school and happen to see a roadside 'vada pav' stall. The question on my mind is - 'Should I take a rickshaw back home or instead use those Rs. 5 to pick up a 'vada-pav'. No prizes for guessing, it used to be the latter for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment