Monday, January 11, 2010

Karan Johar: With MNIK I have got out of my safety zone


There is just one month to go for the release of MY NAME IS KHAN and if initial promos followed by the music are any indication, it is obvious that Karan Johar has adopted a different route for himself with the film. Touching upon a topical affair is always a tricky situation and for someone like Karan who is known to be filling his frames with colours, the film is clearly taking him out of his comfort zone.

"More than just the visual presentation on screen, what was of pertinent importance was the fact that MY NAME IS KHAN required a lot of external research", explains Karan who worked along with writer Shibani Bathija on the film, "All this while it was about my own world and sphere with which I was comfortable with but here I was looking at certain perceptions which are a global phenomenon."

No comments:

Post a Comment